Merry Christmas! Hopefully, you're taking some time off this week, so watch for the Monday morning edition of Your Weekly Staff Meeting next Monday--the first day of 2007!
Top 10 Headlines I Hope to Read in 2007
While you enjoy family and friends this week, here's a little humor and a lot of hope for the Top 10 Headlines I Hope to Read in 2007:
1) Rick Warren Bobble Head Doll Promotion Squelched by Purpose-Driven Publisher
2) Barna Survey of 10,000 Clergy Finds One Pastor in Peoria Who Says He Has Never Downloaded a Sermon From the Internet
3) Ministry Golf-a-thon Fundraising Events Replaced by Innovative “Shop-a-thons” (Women Recruit Sponsors for 8-Hour Shopping Sprees, Saying If Golfers Can Convince Donors to Cough Up Money for Golf Tourneys, Why Not Shopping Events?)
4) New Rash of Unsolicited Donations Arriving BEFORE Donor Appeals Mailed—Christians Responding to God’s Voice
5) Astonishing Campbell Rinker Survey Shows 100 Percent of Ministry Board Members Are Also Generous Givers to Those Ministries!
6) Marketing Your Ministry: 10 Critical Principles, by John Pearson and Robert Hisrich, Becomes National Bestseller 17 Years After Publication Date
7) Evangelicals Impact Culture: Crime Rate, Divorce Rate, Poverty Rate All Drop
8) Ministry CEO Reads Latest Management Book—Decides to Maintain Current Strategy Discovered in Last Month's Hot Management Book
9) Churches Take Second Look at Luther’s Reformation and Buford’s Halftime Movement and Begin Recruiting an Army of $1/year Senior Staff Members
10) Generous Giving Movement's New "3 for 3" Campaign Challenges Donors to Leverage Their Giving by Strategically Focusing on Just Three Causes Only for the Next Three Years
Please contact me if you’d like to make some of these headlines a reality in 2007.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!